Wednesday 15 November 2006

Inside the triangles

Sitting on a revolving chair with my legs on my working desk and laptop on my (ofcourse) lap, I find two triangles when employees like me start their routine work at 9:30 am and try to finish their so called work at 6:30 pm. (Though I have been lucky enough to be where I am right now. No strict timing, no restrictive responsibilities and ample of space for improvement, what more can an employee expect from a small-medium company.)

First triangle, the corporate world, where money and time matters and second triangle the problem (here am referring to the tasks at work).

Someone has said “When there is a problem, there is an opportunity for solution” and well, has said it right.

Why the triangles are stupid? The corporate ones, they are always stupid. For them ledgers and balance sheets are more important . For them an idea or innovation is a mere step to bigger bank balance to an already huge one. Their only question to a problem is, will solving this problem yield me the dollars.

The problem. We create problems in order to simplify our lives. We tend to simplify the way we sit, eat, communicate, and a whole lot of other things that leads to problems. Why do we do that? May be because we think, and may be because, as Isaac Asimov writes in his book “A guide to the Universe”, humans are super monkey.

So, my purpose of this blog is to write about my thought on the triangle concept which may not necessary revolve around the ones I have mentioned above and would also be writing about my views on other blogs or articles relation to the stupid triangle concept.

1 comment: