Sunday 24 April 2011

Dell Vostro 3450 and iPhone Tethering

I have finally purchased a laptop :), a Dell Vostro 3450 (Brass color). Its a 14 inch laptop with brass color and looks beautiful, works smooth and feels just right, apart from the keyboard format change to EU. Love it.







And the next thing I had to do was to get net connection. I am already paying 35 pounds for my unlimited data plan on my iphone. No other phones had unlimited data plan and that was the only reason I both an iPhone, an unlimited data plan. So, to pay another 10-15 pounds for a separate connection for my laptop is foolishness. Well, the usual iPhone fanboys will most likely do it (they prefer to pay for what's not necessary), but I like to look for options to get it without paying or paying much.

I search net for Tethering on Three network, which said that it was possible in my network with my data plan to tether without any extra charge or add-ons. As such, I tried tethering without looking for any alternatives, but to my disappointment, it didn't work. So, the only other option was to jailbreak my iPhone, which is totally LEGAL, and well searched for the same.

After some searches, greenPois0n was the software and a youtube video (below) showed me how to do it. After 10-15 mins, voila, I could tether to my laptop.






And, I am currently tethering through my iPhone :).

No comments:

Post a Comment